Visit @birdsofpreyartistry on instagram for more photos of Tara’s work
All permanent cosmetic procedures are multi-session procedures. You are required to come back for at least one touch-up before it can be determined that your work is complete. Touch-up visits are scheduled at 4-8 week intervals. Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly sharper, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the final outcome for the first few days. Just like any tattoo your brows will scab and what say will go through an “ugly faze” for about a week or so. Your brow tattoo will go through stages of looking darker, then lighter to sometimes non-existent. Do not panic. As this is the nature of the healing process. New skin develops over the brow area and once that new skin exfoliates you will see the true color reappear around week 3-4. This is why we wait 4 weeks before your touch-up session so proper changes (if any) can be made for lasting results. If you are getting eyeliner please come without contacts or bring a contact case to put them in as I cannot tattoo you with them in. If you are getting lip blush or lip liner and you ever in your life time have had a cold sore or fever blister also known as Herpes type B then you will need to be on a anti virus by your physician. Take as directed by your physician.
What To Expect At your Session
Disclaimer: Please do not schedule important plans the day of or right after your scheduled appointment. Although most clients are in and out within 2.5 hours sometimes you may be there longer, especially if there is someone getting worked on before you. Tattoos (cosmetic or not) should never be rushed and every persons case is different and can take more or less time. We are perfectionists here and do not rush any service. Most clients come with that understanding and appreciate that their service will also not be rushed for any reason. We appreciate your patience and understanding in advance if you have to wait or are here longer than expected. Sometimes this nature of our profession.
At your appointment I will apply a topical lidocaine for 45 minutes to ensure you are comfortable during your procedure. After I remove the lidocaine we discuss your desired shape and pigment. I will measure and map your perfect brow shape. You can make any adjustments to the shape prior to starting. There are no surprises in this service. You see and confirm your shape before I proceed.
All needles and blades are disposable. Strict sanitation and sterilization is strongly enforced. I will then create tiny strokes into the skin with cosmetic tattoo pigment, press pigment into the cuts then allowing it soak in for 5 minutes. I repeat this process 2-3 times each time numbing for a few minutes in between.
Although there is no downtime some clients may experience redness and swelling. It is always best to avoid these procedures within weeks of an important life event such as weddings or vacations. Procedures may take longer than expected to be complete under some circumstances. If you are planning a vacation it is recommended you get your microblading service done at least 2 weeks prior to your vacation to allow proper healing time or just wait until you return. Sun protection is strongly advised.
- Chemical peels, retinols & topical medications should be discontinued at least 1 week prior, if you are on accutane you must discontinue this medication 6 months prior to this procedure
- No microdermabrasion or facial laser services 2 weeks before or after the procedure
- Avoid blood thinning medications 72 hours prior to your appointment. Please consult with your physician before discontinuing any medications.
- Fish oil should be discontinued for at least a week prior
- Caffeine/alcohol/advil should be avoided the day your appointment. These thin the blood, I always know because clients tend to bleed much more which can effect the retention of pigment as the blood will push out the pigment I am trying to implant into the skin
We cannot tattoo you if you have the following contraindications:
- Bleeding disorders
- If you've used accutane within the last 6 months
- Have had botox injections within 2 weeks
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are not on a antiviral for oral cold sores or ocular herpes (this only applies to clients getting lip liner, lip blush, or if you’ve had ocular herpes and are wanting to get eyeliner tattooed)
Eyeliner tattoos takes approximately 5 days to heal completely. Please arrive without eye makeup. If you wear contacts please remove them before your procedure starts. You may bring eyeglasses to wear. The client is advised to keep the area make up free and clean during the healing time. Ointment such as Aquaphor is applied 1-2 times daily to keep the area from irritation.
LIP COLOR TATTOO- IMPORTANT:
If the client has ever in their lifetime had a cold sore/fever blister they need to have a script of Herpes B medication to prevent an outbreak. Take as directed by your physician. If you come in & have had a cold sore ever in your life and you are not on this medication I cannot tattoo you and you will forfeit your deposit. Please come properly prepared.
Lip color tattoos take about 3-5 days to peel. The client is advised to keep the area hydrated with an ointment like Aquaphor from getting dry at anytime during the healing process. The client must keep the area clean and make up less. Avoid salty, vinegary & spicy foods during the healing time.
Keep dry for the first 24 hours. Avoid any exfoliants or harsh cleansers for a minimum of 5 days. Keep the skin make up less for 5 days. Cleanse and moisturize with mild products.
MICROBLADED BROWS & COMBO BROWS
- DRY HEALING Its exactly what it sounds like... Keep those brows as dry as a bone.
I have a unique method of healing called dry healing which I absolutely swear by. I truely believe that our facial skin produces enough sebum and oils to protect and hydrate so any additional after care balms, oils and patroleums are not necessary. Dry healing allows the skin to breathe, allows crisper strokes and better pigment retention.
Following strict instructions will ensure your strokes remain crisp and do not blur out.
Only on the day of your appointment the client may wipe the excess plasma off the brow with sterile water on a cotton round 1-3 times. This helps it scab less. ONLY on the day off.
- DO NOT get wet for 7-10 days. Immediately after the procedure a small amount of Aquafor or grape seed oil will be applied to protect the area.
- DO NOT EXCERCISE FOR 7-10 days unless its light to where you are not dripping sweat. Sweat is worse than water as it contains saline and saline is actually used to remove pigment. Give your body a break and your brows will thank you
- Do not sleep directly on the treated area
- Do not pick or stratch
- Do not apply makeup on the treated area for 7-10 days
- Avoid swimming, saturating your face in water, saunas
- Avoid glycolics, retinols, anti-acne, anti-aging products for at least 2 weeks. This will result in loss of pigment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning bed for at least 2 weeks
- Do not wax, tweeze or thread at least 2 weeks after procedure.
Cosmetic Tattooing Appointment Policy & Payment Info
In booking your service you agree and acknowledge that you have fully read, understand and agree to our policy/terms and conditions. In order to book your cosmetic tattooing appointment a $100 non-refundable retainer is required to hold your appointment time. This ensures that you are serious about your commitment and appointment time. PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME WISELY, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR RETAINER EVEN IF YOU RESCHEDULE WITH NOTICE.
The retainer comes off of your final total.
Partial payment is due at your first session. This pays for half the session PLUS secures another $100 as a retainer for your second appointment- the same cancelation policy applies to the second session too. This means if you change or cancel you forfeit that $100, which means you will add to that remaining balance and owe double as you will have to resubmit a deposit plus the $150 if its over the 6 week limit. If it is within the 6 week limit you will owe the remaining total at the second session. Exceptions can no longer be made to this rule.
-Second session- The remaining balance is owed when you show up to your scheduled appointment
- If you have a session that you fail to show up at/no call-no show you will have to call and pay the full total up front prior to rebooking. This insures me that I am not taking a loss if you decide not to show up for your appointment again.
- If you have a paid remaining balance and you no call no show you will be asked to pay that balance upon booking your next perfecting session. If you don't have a balance but no call no show to your perfecting session we will no longer be able to serve you. No calls and no shows are not only extremely inconsiderate but also inconvenient to those who may have wanted that appointment. If you no call no show for more than one appointment we will on longer service you.
-If you show up to your session and get cold feet and decide not to have it done you will still forfeit your deposit so please be 100% sure about your commitment
- Pricing does NOT include gratuity. It is standard to tip your tattooist/cosmetic tattooist
- If you are more than 15 minutes late you may forfeit your appointment, forfeit your deposit and have to re-book all over again. The remaining balance will be owed upon rescheduling your appointment if you fail to show up for your appointment. Please call us if you feel like you are running late.
- Street parking is available. We are in a residential neighborhood. Free two hour street parking is available. Myself or the shop will not responsible for any parking tickets. I suggest setting a timer on your phone if you are here longer and need to run out and move it.
- If driving to our location give yourself a little extra time for parking...
Being in a busy city these are things to be mindful of especially after 5pm on a weekday
- Bring valid ID
- Eat something prior to your appointment
- Remember NO coffee, caffeine, or pain medication 12 hours prior to your appointment
-If you wear contact lenses please bring a case to remove them or wear glasses to your appointment
TRUST THE PROCESS!!!
For brows particularly...Even though scabbing and flaking can take 7-10 days. Your brows will go through some stages for about 3-4 weeks. They are NOT complete until the second session is done. My clients and I get a kick out of the funny this meme is below because it's SO accurate
Trust the process!
Every single client will experience these fazes of healing. Expect your brows to go through an “Ugly faze” for about a week. No tattoo looks pretty while its healing and scabbing. Same thing goes for cosmetic tattoos.
* By booking you agree to the terms, conditions & agree to our policy listed in our FAQ section. If you are booking an annual touchup you must be an existing client. If you are booking an annual touch up you must pick a day of the week as we do not do touch ups on Saturdays. If you did not book your second/perfecting appointment at your 1st session you must call us to book that session so that we can get you in to finish your procedure . If you have not been to us before you need to book the initial sessions as touch up prices cannot be approved. If you have had microblading or PMU else where prior you must send us photos for approval before booking. Please choose a date that you can 100% plan on making. Retainers are non-refundable even if you reschedule. If you reschedule you will lose your retainer and have to book online again. All sales and deposits/retainers are NON-REFUNDABLE. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU. SINCERELY, BIRDS OF PREY ARTISTRY
*Booking tab for permanent makeup is on the bottom of this page. Please read through all terms and conditions before booking
Permanent Makeup & Microblading *Pricing is subject to change Pricing effective June 2019
This method simulates natural hair like stokes giving most natural and realistic results.
This method uses both Microblading and powder shading for a more defined and structured brow. Great for oily skin types.
This method creates a soft powder looking effect. Gives the same illusion of a powdered brow product would. Great for oily skin types.
Touch Up Prices
*Returning clients only
1-6 months $150
7-11 months- $250
12-18 months- $300
18-24 months $350
Machine shading/combo brow add on $100
Lash Enhancement LINER
The thinnest line is tattooed between the lash bed to define the eye and make the lashes look fuller
Top or bottom liner. Prices varies on thickness & style.
Permanent Lip Blush
Lip blush gives the illusion of a beautiful subtle tint once healed. Colors are mixed and customized during the consultation within the session
OMBRE Lip Liner
This is our version of tattooed lip liner. However, instead of a blunt line we whip shade the color toward the center of your lip resulting in a more flattering and puckered look.
Freckles & Beauty Marks
Gives the illusion of realistic freckles and beauty marks. $200